Registrar: All Services & Forms

Miami Law's Office of the Registrar provides many services to law students and alumni beyond course registration. The Law Registrar also collects and disseminates student and academic information through processes that ensure the integrity and security of all records.

Course Registration & Enrollment Information

To Access Forms: To access most forms on this site, you will need to use your login credentials for CaneLink in the following format: (cgcent\cane ID and then the password). For example cgcent\jsmith.

17 Credit Request

Change of Appointment Time

Course Registration News Letter - Fall 2024

Course Registration Overview

Faculty Supervised Writing Approval Form

Pass/Fail Authorization Form

Visit Away Request

Degree Audits, Concentrations/Areas of Focus, Graduation/The Bar

Accessing Degree Progress Report (DPR)

Concentrations/Area of Focus Registration and Requirement Page

Florida Board of Bar Examiners Certification of Dean Authorization

Graduation/Commencement Overview

J.D. Self-Audit for Students Entering 2015 and Later

Absence from Campus

All students who will be absent from class for any reason should complete the Absence Notification Online Form. This form is submitted to the Dean of Students, who will forward it to the individual faculty members listed to notify of the reason for an absence. Some professors rely on this form and track reasons for an absence. Others only count total numbers of absences. If a student is in doubt about the policy in a given class, he or she should check with the instructor. The Dean of Students does not have the authority to excuse any absences. For any student who will be absent from class for more than three days due to a medical or personal emergency, please contact the Dean of Students Office directly at (305) 284-4551 or to discuss the circumstances.


Request Exam Reschedule (Personal) and Request Reschedule (Exam Conflict)
See more info on exams

Certifications, Degree & Enrollment Verifications

The University of Miami Law School has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide degree and enrollment verification. If you are an Employer, Credit Grantor, Insurance Company, Background Screening Agency, etc., please contact the National Student Clearinghouse at any of the following:

Fax: (703) 318-4058
E-mail (Degree Verification):
E-mail (Enrollment Verification):
Phone: (703) 742-4200
National Student Clearinghouse
2300 Dulles Station Boulevard
Suite 300
Herndon, VA 20171

Certifications:These forms include, but not limited to: State bar forms, Good student discount forms and student loan deferment forms. All certifications require a signed release.

Degree & Enrollment Verifications: Alumni and current students seeking degree and/or enrollment verification must submit a request using the form below.

Letter of Good Standing: Students may request a letter confirming their enrollment and good standing at University of Miami School of Law.

Notary Services

The University of Miami School of Law has various staff members that can provide notary services for Bar related documents. Click here to see a full list of individuals who are notaries and the departments they work in at Miami Law.


Diplomas are not ordered until all holds have been cleared.

Participation in the Commencement Ceremony or the listing of a student’s name in the Commencement Book in no way implies or ensures graduation. A student’s graduation is contingent upon successful completion of the degree requirements and approval by the academic school or college.

If there are no holds, diplomas are ordered automatically the following week after the degree is posted to your transcript. Diplomas are mailed directly from the printing company to the address entered in CaneLink at the time you applied for graduation. Once the order is placed, it may take up to two additional weeks to receive your diploma.

If there are any changes after the application is submitted, you must notify the Law Registrar in person or in writing of the new address for your diploma. You can update your address on CaneLink, and then send an email to and request your diploma to be mailed to your new address.

Please note that posting degrees takes several weeks after graduation.

Diploma Name

The name on your diploma will default to the official name on your student record in Canelink. To update your diploma name to something other than a variation of your official name, please see the “Official Name Change” section on this webpage.

Order a Diploma Replacement and eDiploma Online

The following Online Diploma Service is available through our official diploma vendor, the Michael Sutter Company.

  • Order a replacement diploma - Order your diploma easily online. You will be able to choose Standard Delivery or Express Overnight Delivery. There is a $15.00 charge for each Diploma Replacement. Your Diploma will be printed and mailed within 1-2 days of your order.
  • Request Notary Service - Request to have your diploma notarized and sent to you for Department of State Apostille purposes. Instructions on how to complete the Apostille process included when requesting Notary Service.
  • Order an Official UM eDiploma - Your University of Miami eDiploma is a Signed and Certified PDF of your original paper diploma used for easy diploma verification purposes. The UM eDiploma is a one-time charge of $5. You will receive your eDiploma within minutes of ordering. You can then share your eDiploma as often as you need.
  • Diploma Status - Search the status of your diploma order whether it is your new diploma or replacement diploma.

Online Diploma Service


The University of Miami has changed transcript services and is now working with TranscriptsPlus, a service of Credentials Solutions. Transcript options available now include hard copy paper transcripts as well as electronic PDF transcripts.

  • Once a transcript has been mailed, the recipient address will not be changed. If you would like a transcript sent to a different address, a new request must be submitted.
  • Transcript processing is taking between 7-10 days due to the University of Miami’s student information system conversion. During the conversion some errors occurred; we are checking every transcript before it is mailed to ensure accuracy. Thank you for your patience.

APOSTILLE AND NOTARIZED - If Apostille is required please order a notarized transcript and instructions will be provided on how to request the apostille directly from the Florida Department of State.

Order a Transcript

Current Law Students and Recent Alumni - Requires CaneLink login.

Alumni and Former Students

Check the Status of an Order

Students who need to submit transcripts to a department within the University of Miami may print out an unofficial transcript from their CaneLink account.

Biographic-Demographic Information & Name Change

Students who need to update or correct their name must submit the Bio/Demo Update Form and provide documentation to the Law Registrar's Office. Documents verifying a name change must be original, legal documents or certified copies. Acceptable documents are:

  • Driver's License or Passport AND one of the following:
    • Marriage license
    • Divorce decree
    • Naturalization papers
    • Court Order
  • Birth Certificate (Birth certificates are acceptable only for correcting spelling errors in your name.)

To change a married name back to a maiden name, legal documentation other than a birth certificate must be provided.

Preferred Name

International Student Name Changes: In addition to providing the above documentation, International students must also first obtain a signature on the Change of Name Form from their International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) advisor. The ISSS department is located in Whitten University Center (also known as the UC), Suite 2275, 2nd floor, 305-284-2928 or Once the signature is obtained, the form may then be submitted with the legal documentation to:

Law Registrar's Office
University of Miami School of Law, Room A210
P.O. Box 248087
Coral Gables, FL 33124


To Access Forms: To access most forms on this site, you will need to use your login credentials for CaneLink in the following format: (cgcent\cane ID and then the password). For example cgcent\jsmith.

Accommodation Request Form

Intake Form

Miami Law Exchange Requirements Form